- In 1866 the foundation stone was laid for the parish church of St Charles' Borromeo. The school used rooms in the basement.
- A hall was built by the parish, and in 1903 the Christian Brothers began teaching there.
- Second storeys were added to both the stone church and the hall. The girls were taught in the church buildings and the boys in the hall.
- In 1941 the old stone church was demolished and the brown brick building was constructed.
- In 2007-8 a major renovation of the buildings occurred.
- In 2009 a playground renovation was undertaken.